But I have the exciting privilege of directing our Christmas choir. We are only singing two songs, but I am inordinately pleased about this opportunity.
My musical experience started as a young child. Mom made sure to take me to children's choir practices. As a teen I joined the adult choir. I was in band from late elementary on. I took several years of piano lessons. A singing group in high school and college. College music theory and conducting classes. Choir and worship team experiences throughout adulthood.
I talk to my dad every morning. He lives in assisted living. My mom is his roommate. She has had Alzheimer's for 12 years now and her care needs are very different than Dad's.
But I asked Dad to pass this message along to her as it includes both of them.
- for taking me to children's choir
- for buying me a clarinet
- for buying us a piano
- for getting me clarinet lessons
- for making sure I had to piano lessons
- for 'reminding' me to practice
- for driving me to rehearsals, concerts, marching band practices/games
- for attending concerts and games
For giving me the gift of music. It is such a privilege and I do not take it for granted. Mom and Dad. Thank you.