Saturday, April 26, 2008

interesting how...

... a short, early morning (6:30 a.m.) phone call can change your plans.

"Get your bags packed, we're headed for the hospital," said the familiar voice of my second born son.

"AAAAAHHHHH," I said. Or something to that effect.

"Contractions are three and a half minutes apart."

"I'll be there tomorrow, "I said.


I could get there today, but we are moving, you see. So I want to tear around here like a madwoman this morning and get some things finished so my poor husband isn't left with a ton of stuff to do.

My camera is charged, my cell phone is charged, I'M CHARGED!!!

The plan: head to Minneapolis this afternoon to see Suzi and all and Daniel. To Iowa early Sunday morning.

Love my grandson all week long, meet Pat in Chicagoland on Friday night.

Stay tuned for grandbaby pics

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all as you wait, and especially for Kristi.
kjh

Becky said...

I heard through the grapevine that you were headed out. How exciting! I know this a life marking highlight for you ... really high up there.

Have fun. Keep us posted. Send pics. Let hubby worry about the rest.