Monday, May 12, 2008

So. We did it.


Moved, that is. All of our stuff from up there is now down here.



Friday morning the movers efficiently brought in all our stuff. When they left, our work began.



And continues. We have emptied dozens of boxes and have about that much left to go.

Glitches:
Phone line troubles, but Pat finally got internet connection within the past hour. Unfortunately it is dial up for now and I can't access it during business hours No problem, I've plenty of other things to do.
Trouble finding furniture we liked. Finally got that done a few days ago. Delivery of new living room furniture scheduled for next month.
Our refrigerator doesn't fit the allotted opening. Too tall. The carpenter will come later today to shorten the cabinet.

Blessings:
Wonderful neighbors, otherwise known as Mom and DOD. The other folks in the hood seem nice too.
A beautiful home in a beautiful setting with a yard just begging to be planted.
And on my first morning walk here, perched on our mailbox as a one-bird welcoming committee, was a beautiful bluebird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's sunny here. Abby surprised me for Mother's Day by driving home from college and bringing me yellow roses, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and a chic flic (27 Dresses) to watch together last night. She's on her way back to school this morning. Hurt my back so I was a "supervisor" rather than a "doer" as the garden was rototilled and fenced in (husband) and the car was washed and vacuumed (son) and the peonies weeded (son). Bein' a farm girl, supervisin' brings with it a lot of guilt. Bein' over 50, my chiro tells me to stop thinkin' I'm 20, and start listenin' to my joints. We farmgirls work through our pain, and even do it without a martyr complex. I suppose, Biblically, I get to move on to the "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me besides still waters" phase; but, with a 12 year old in tow, can't quite wrap my head around that yet. Hope your unpacking and rearranging are done soon, so you can go out and do what you do best.....find girlfriends! Linda

cheri said...

Hi Linda! What a wonderful, thoughtful surprise from Abby. Tell her 'hi' from me, please.

I'm so sorry your back is hurt again, but glad you have two able-bodied guys there to take care of you. Rest up like the Dr. ordered and soon you will be able to play in your garden!