Saturday, June 07, 2008

grape expectations

How would you like to start off your morning like this every day? I do! I don't think I will ever tire of seeing the sun come over the distant mountains. Thank you LORD for another day!

Today my sister Lori and my nephew Richard arrive. Tomorrow my brother Roger and the kids come for the day (Cheryl has to work :( ). Should be fun!!!

We've been having some landscaping stuff done around here. I mentioned the young men with the earth auger who planted all our trees. While they were here with the handy dandy heavy equipment, they also put in this split rail fence:


which will be the home of our grape vines. Can't you see it now: the fence covered with vines heavy laden with grapes. Then I'll be making grape jelly, jam and grape juice! Yummy!

Got some errands to run now: the flea market, the farmer's market (they have puppies at the flea market, but I know they are of suspicious heritage so I will try to be strong....).

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Curly said...

What kind of grapes?

momawake said...

Ooh, puppies are so hard to resist. I always tell people that the only way to buy a dog is impulsively otherwise you'd never do it. ;)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Cheri, thanks for stopping by & leaving a note. So very nice to meet you. I can see there are lots of us who do have a kindred spirit on buying the old things and making them work for us. It's so nice to be able to hang out in blogland with all of you too!

Have a good weekend and come back & see me again.

Rhoda

cheri said...

Concord and muscadine. Yum.

I know, momawake. I'm voting for impulse buying, but not everyone is on board for that. :)

Thanks! Rhoda! I do enjoy your blog!