Monday, June 02, 2008

out of granny's grasp, but still in Good Hands

All I can do right now is look at this precious little boy. I want to hold him. He looks so grown up already and he is only a month old. And he is so far, too far away. Sigh. Granny is getting choked up.


I have great comfort in knowing how much his mom and dad love him. Their desire is the same as ours: that he would know and follow Christ. And maybe play a little soccer and some guitar.

Was there ever a more beautiful mother?



I need a tissue.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Me too ... the tissue thing.

I read on a friend's blog that the hardest thing she had to do was to leave her grandson after visiting. She said somehow she never realized that when a grandbaby is born he is not really HERS and she has to leave him in the care of his very loving and capable parents. But still ...

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is Too, Too Sweet. Remember, you can always stop and stay here if you decide to make a trip -- as long as you don't blog about how much stuff you can see I need to get rid of.

Better yet, maybe I should go visit, since I'm closer. Hmmm. . .

Praise God for technology that lets you see him (and he, you, eventually) and talk to him. I love it when they get to the stage that Grandma talks on the phone and Baby listens raptly, with heavy breathing coming back down the line.

Blessings as you look a hole in that precious photo.
kjh ("Great-Aunt" Karen)

Curly said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

I know one !

cheri said...

I know Becky...

Karen,I would love to use your place as a stopping off point! And I would never blog about somebody else's stuff. I have enough problems with my own!

Thanks C.M.!