Wednesday, August 06, 2008

degrees of separation

Yesterday Mom and I took two of our neighbor ladies out for lunch. These ladies are very nice and have both moved here from Ohio. E. was a nurse and it turns out that W. went to the doctor that E. worked for. Although they don't remember each other, they have fun reminiscing about their mutual employer/doctor.

Turns out that someone who goes to W.'s church has a daughter who lived in our little Northwoods town. We didn't know her, but I'm sure we know people who know her and vice versa.

And of course, Mom and I have known each other for quite a long time...

Small world. There have been many times during my life when I have met someone who knows somebody I know. I love it when that happens.

It must delight the heart of God to plan these little surprises for His children.

Now I'm off to the free aerobics program. I discovered that the one I have been attending is 7.4 miles from my house. There is another that is only 3.2 miles from my house. Guess where I'm going today?

No comments: