Monday, October 19, 2009

reminded in the dark

pretty picture posted previously

The sky is quite dark these days as I step off the front steps for my morning walk.

Yesterday morning the sky was clear, but innumerable stars were visible reminding me of God's promise to Abraham in Genesis 15:5.

This morning a dense fog settled on the valley here. This reminded me that the children of Israel followed God in the wilderness. His Presence manifested in a cloud. When the cloud moved, they moved. When the cloud stopped, they stopped. He provided for them all the while they were in the wilderness, though they grumbled and complained (and suffered the consequences for their ungratefulness - note to self - don't complain -be grateful!).

God's promises, protection, provision and presence. I need to be reminded of all these as I go through my days. It is so tempting to worry.

But I need not. Of this I was reminded this morning in the dark.

No comments: