Monday, November 09, 2009

I'm so glad Al Gore invented the internet

photo by Patrick - the butterfly whisperer

So, I had some chicken breasts in the fridge and I wanted to do something different. Since I canned beaucoup de peach jam last summer and the two of us don't go through nearly as much jam as the five of us used to back in the day...I decided to see if I could find a recipe with chicken and peach jam.

Ignoring the 20+ cookbooks in the cupboard, I went straight for the computer and typed peach jam and chicken into the search engine. Got a winner.


Grilled Chicken with Spicy Peach Glaze:

* 2 cups peach preserves or jam
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
* 8 Frenched" chicken breasts
* 4 ripe peaches, cut in half and pitted

Directions

Combine Spicy Peach Glaze ingredients in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1/2 cup.

Preheat grill. Brush the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place skin-side down and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, until golden brown. Turn over and continue cooking for 5 to 6 minutes. Brush both sides with the peach glaze and continue cooking an additional 4 to 5 minutes.

Place peach halves, cut side down on the grill and grill for 2 minutes. Turn over and brush with the reserved 1/2 cup of peach glaze, grill for 3 to 4 more minutes until peaches are soft.

Love, love, love this dish. I served this over a bed of spaghetti. Make sure you make enough (and invite me over). Suzi, we are so having this at your house next week. Make sure you have plenty of insulin on hand. I'll cook.

I didn't have any peppers, didn't grill the peach halves and I think apricot jam would yield an equally yummy meal. Oh, and I didn't measure anything so YMMV.

Thank you so much Mr. Gore.
*****
Mom, Dad, KimmeeSue the wonderdog and I are headed to Pigeon Forge today to hang out with my aunts and cousins. Can't wait!

*I have no idea why there are asterisks in front of all the ingredients.

4 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

I must try this recipe ~ sounds so good!
And I love how creative Blogger can be on occasion! We don't even need to ask for help! ;~}
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy. How is Joshua today?Went to the Worship Seminar a Rhinelander church provided all day Saturday, by Tom Kraeuter, an amazing teacher and worship leader. Have you heard of him? He does these all over the United States. (Tennessee, with all their music, probably knows him better than us secluded ones in the Northwoods.) I could sit under his teaching on a daily basis. It was so good to get such a spiritual lift and such solid Biblical teaching on worship. Miss you, Linda

momawake said...

I do that same thing. Yes, the internet is very helpful.
Just in case you're wondering...my dh said last weekend that he invented the internet. LOL!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

cheri said...

You won't be disappointed Lady Farmer!

Joshua is all better. Yes I went to a worship seminar with Tom Kraeuter a few years ago in Wausau. Excellent teaching and very inspiring. Glad you got to go!

You have a very clever dh, momawake!