Friday, November 20, 2009

in which Joshua gets his parents back and says good-bye to Grandma

They couldn't wait to see him. Even though we returned at about midnight, Jon and Kristi rushed straight into Josh's room at Suzi's house and picked him up and held him and loved on him.

It was so cute.

The following morning, he couldn't get enough of them. He was rather unwilling for either of them to leave the room, so using my best distracting trick, I entertained him so Mommy and Daddy could get a little more rest.

May I just say how thankful I am for children who are wonderful parents? Unlike many, who seemingly can't wait to 'get away from the kids', these two love their little boy and couldn't wait to get back to him.

All too soon, they had to pack up and leave. Jon had responsibilities at church that evening. Josh gave me a very sweet hug and kiss and waved good-by to me from the car. The tears well up and the lump in my throat returns every time I think of that scene. So precious.

The flight home was blessedly uneventful. We even took off and arrived early - and that after a day of airline glitches. So thankful.

I slept like a log in my own bed. No need to keep an ear open for a wakeful toddler. I've been to see Mom and Dad this morning and KimmeeSue greeted me like I was a rock star.

This past week was great...wonderful. But as always....it is so good to be home.

Now - on to Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Lady Farmer said...

Isn't it just for times like these that we as grandparents hope for? Sounds like your time with sweet little Joshua built wonderful memories for Grandma! Only, too bad he is not old enough (I don't think) to remember his special time with you!
Rest up, soon time to make more memories soon!
Blessings!