Wednesday, November 04, 2009

looking

My neighbor and I have the same shopping philosophy:

You do not have to buy anything to enjoy the trip. We looked and looked and looked, but spent nary a dime.

Until supper.

Ruby Tuesday's chicken florentine is so good. With white cheddar mashed potatoes. And sugar snap peas.

The light sauce over the chicken florentine contained spinach and artichoke. If it were socially acceptable, I probably would have picked up the plate and licked it - that sauce was so good. I spent a few minutes surfing for copycat recipes, but so far haven't found any. I am determined though. Those mashed potatoes? Don't make the same mistake I did and look at the calorie and fat content. It might diminish your experience (though not your waistline). However, I will say that they were worth every bit of the 274 calories (144 in fat).

My mouth still waters.

Now, I am on a mission. To find or duplicate that recipe. And the next time I go shopping, I will probably have to actually buy something.

Larger clothes.

4 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Oh! That supper sounds so good!
And I love the ending of your post!
teehee! Unfortunately ~ I've been there/done that!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Remember the other night I wrote to you "how did I get there from here"? Well it happened again with your blog. I think I need medication to stay on task :) Oh well, I guess I lived 56 years all over the place, why change now!
Thanks for the tips on fattening potatoes.
Love ya,
Ann

Anonymous said...

I like their lemonade at Ruby Tuesday's....they put a small amount of carbonation in it. It's a great summertime thirst quencher !

cheri said...

Lady Farmer...smiling with you!

You are welcome Ann. :)

Anon. I'll have to try that lemonade next time. Sounds good!