Tuesday, November 03, 2009

this, that and the other thing

On days when I have all the time in the world to blog, my mind goes blank and I can't think of a think to write about.

Other days, when time is limited and I have to dash out the door shortly (like today), ideas swirl in my head and I don't know which one to pick. So bear with me.

Today will be the shotgun approach to blogging.

Whipped this little dishmat up in an hour yesterday morning. As usual the pictures don't do it justice, but it is made of little bits of April Cornell fabric that I was saving for some project some day. Perfect for this - and brightens up my somewhat dark kitchen nicely. Oh, I don't normally keep dishmats on the grass outside, but the light wasn't good in the kitchen for a picture. Not sure I did any better outside. And did anyone notice that the last time I mentioned April Cornell on my blog, she stopped in and commented? Sweet! Love her fabrics and I can only post this little scrappy project now, cuz the rest of her fabric went into a Christmas present.



~~~~~~~
As a result of Sunday's sermon, I have been pondering this poem:

To live above with the Saints we love,
Ah, that is the purest glory.
To live below with the Saints we know,
Ah, that is another story!

This, apparently, is an Irish toast. Not to be confused with French toast.
I have heard former pastor of Moody Bible Church, Warren Wiersbe (love to listen to that man!) quote this many times. Always makes me smile, because it is so true.

It relates to Sunday's sermon because the pastor mentioned that it was All Saint's Day. He defined the word 'saint' and encouraged us to thank those who have had an impact on our spiritual lives.

I have many people to thank - what a blessing!
~~~~~
Also mentioned in the sermon was this verse:
I Corinthians 15:58

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the LORD, because you know that your labor in the LORD is not in vain.

I've been pondering that one. It deserves a post all its own.
~~~~~
But for now, off to Bible study and then shopping in Knoxville with my neighbor and almost birthday mate. We had planned to do this a few days after our birthdays but had to delay until now. Should be fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good verse in Corinthians. I have to remember I am serving the Lord, not people. Loved the pie idea from yesterday......a good way to use up some of those apples, raspberries and blueberries picked this summer and hiding in my freezer....we'll see if we get to it. Today is 9 week exams day for Ike, and a day that I need to get started choosing worship songs for Sunday. Take care. Linda

cheri said...

Linda, it is always so good to hear from you and peek into what you are up to. What songs did you pick?

Hey to Isaac!