Thursday, November 19, 2009

warning: mushy post ahead

As I emptied the dishwasher in the kitchen upstairs, I could hear the voice of my middle son, singing my grandson to sleep.

Tears welled up in my eyes. How could the time have gone by so fast? Wasn't it just yesterday I was singing this now 6'2" son to sleep?

And last night. Uncle Daniel came up to hang out with us for a bit. He spent some of that time letting Joshua use his best imitation of World Wide Wrestling Federation moves on him. The two of them rolled around on the floor. Giggling abounded. It reminded me of the 'puppy pile' of boys often rolling around the floor of our home. Could that really have been 20 years ago?

This week has crawled by slowly for Jon and Kristi -especially Kristi- as they missed their boy. But for me, this week has reminded me of how fast the years hurtle by.

Savor. Savor, I remind myself.

I do. Grateful for every second I get to spend with these precious ones. Sons, daughter-in-law, grandson, niece and nephews, sister and brother-in-law.

Although I will miss them all, I am also grateful to be returning home to loved ones. Pat, Mom, Dad.

I really didn't do anything to deserve such a wonderful family. During this month of Thanksgiving my heart overflows with thankfulness.

To God,
Who for whatever reason saw fit to bless me beyond my wildest dreams.

My eternal thanks.

4 comments:

swansmith said...

I think that we all are grateful to God for YOU, Cheri. I was just talking to my advisor for my teaching program about you and your visit, and as I was explaining your many roles to many people, it sounded like I was talking about a wonder-woman who has an amazing capacity for love and support, and I was talking about her!
I'll miss you, Sister! But see you at Christmas!
Suzi

Anonymous said...

Not deserved? I think they call that "grace."
kjh

Becky said...

Well, you said that so well. We need to do more counting our blessings. Our hearts would overflow more often.

Have a safe trip home. One more hug.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks