Wednesday, January 20, 2010

only in Tennessee


I mentioned the other day that folks down here 'bouts was UpseT when the UT football coach quit only a year+ into his contract. His name is Lane Kiffin and he left for USC . Folk here 'bouts don't seem to be able to pronounce his name quite right. They keep calling him 'Lame'.

Well, I guess they are getting over their UpseTtedness, cuz a nice Knoxville lawyer has filed paperwork to name an east Tennesse facility after him.

A waste water treatment plant.

On the other hand, in other Tennessee news, I am very proud to live in a state that is not afraid of the politically correct police.

7 comments:

George said...

I would think it might be a bit more appropriate to leave the "water" out of the name of the facility, you know, make it a little more "Hole" some.
DOD

Anonymous said...

Good idea on the course. I think it makes sense. The article seems to say this was well thought out.

Kiffin is a guy with a questionable reputation in college football recruiting and ethics....you are better off without his antics. Basically, Lane Kiffin is in it for the glory of Lane Kiffin. Always has been.

rwells said...

UT students led a small riot on campus after they heard Kiffin was leaving. Someone even burned a mattress.
During the melee - one student was heard yelling to a friend, "Let's hang Lane Kiffin in effigy!"
His buddy thought about it for a second and yelled back, "The heck with that - let's burn him right here in Knoxville!"

rwells said...

I also uncovered this prayer from a Vols fan...

Dear Lord, in the past year you have taken my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite musician, Michael Jackson, my favorite salesman, Billy Mays, and my favorite athlete, Chris Henry.

I just wanted to let you know that my favorite coach is Lane Kiffin.

roughterrain crane said...

Thanks for many beautiful pictures.

cheri said...

That's my dad!

Anon. the thing that struck me about Kiffin was that he rarely looked at the camera or the interviewer during an interview.

Roger: LOL Twice! Is effigy closer to y'all or to us'ns'? :)

swansmith said...

I am totally clueless here. Makes me glad to be a Minnesotan, I guess.

Go Vikes!Go Gophers!