Monday, January 18, 2010

Singing again







With my brief case full of song books, I headed to church last night. I put my name on the white board (so excited to be Mrs. Cheri again!), set my books on the piano, put the sign up sheet out and waited.

To my surprise and initial disappointment only three kids showed up. All girls.

But we had a great time. They are cute, cute, cute. One diva, one perpetual motion machine and one 'old soul'.

They wanted to know when I was going to give them their LINES. And if I was going to give them a CD of the songs to listen to. They want to do MOTIONS to all the songs. And they want to MOVE (as in dance, but I'm not sure we call it that in Southern Baptist circles). They want to end each song with a 'ta-da' sort of motion - you know the one - one hand in the air, one down at the side, palms facing the audience, one foot forward one foot back with toe pointed.

They want to do a PROGRAM. I have something a little different in mind. They were wary of me at first (I'm new and I talk funny), but warmed up to me by the end of the rehearsal.

The girls were a quick study and as they walked out I could hear them singing the songs they had just learned to their parents. They assured me that they would invite their friends to come, cuz I 'make really good brownies' and cuz they like the new songs.

I was told not to worry about the low attendance. There is no school today, so some were out of town.

But whether there are three or thirty I don't care. I'm just so happy to be working with kids again.

5 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! I wish I could be there ~ I remember singing time in Sunday School and VBS! I love the energy the children have!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

MMmmmmmm...Brownies !

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

thatmom said...

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

Anonymous said...

Dee from Tennessee

Good for you!

( My heart aches for Haiti...in my heart of hearts._