Monday, February 01, 2010

countdowns abound

Know what this number means?



No? How 'bout this one?



Course, there's also 146 and 97 and 0!

Here's what they all mean:

89....days until PAT RETIRES!!!!
65....work days until PAT RETIRES!!!!
146....days until grandbaby # 2 is due
97.....days until Daniel graduates
0.....that's zero days until we find out if Joshua will be welcoming a baby brother or sister
(course y'all are gonna have to wait one more day)




Some 'helpful' thoughts on retirement:


Retirement is waking up in the morning with nothing to do and by bedtime having done only half of it. - Unknown

Retirement . . . is when you stop living at work and begin working at living. - Unknown

Fishing Yesterday, Fishing Today, Fishing Tomorrow I must be retired - Unknown

Retirement is the time when you never do all the things you intended to do when you were still working.- Unknown

And my personal favorite by the great philosopher Chi Chi Rodriguez: When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income.

So, as you can see we have lots of exciting things coming up. We'll keep you posted!



Teach us to number our days aright,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalms 90:12



When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income. - Chi Chi Rodriguez

4 comments:

Becky said...

I sent this link to my friend Bev whose husband is retiring at the end of the month and they are moving from PA to TX.

Can't wait to hear the news of the bro or sis. So exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister, I agree with all of your little remarks :)
I live them
Ann

Bev said...

I was sent here by Becky - we're down to 26 days til my hubby retires, and then moving 1200 miles south to Texas. I've bookmarked your blog - sounds like we could be kindred spirits!

cheri said...

Thanks, Becky. I'm lovin Bev's blog!


Hahahaha, Ann!

Bev, thanks so much for stopping by. Like I told Becky - I am really loving your blog!