Saturday, March 13, 2010

hooray for company!

The lightning flashed, the thunder crashed and the rain poured. We had a few minutes of pea sized hail and there were flood warnings throughout the area. But after all that, this:


In order to make the most of the rainy day, I spent about two hours doing Bible study, made sugar cookies for my choir girls (did I tell you I have six now?) and baked a pie crust.

I also planted some grass in my garage. Yep, in the garage. I've always wanted to do a little Easter centerpiece with real live grass and this year I finally remembered to plant the grass ahead of time. I'll show you pictures when the time comes (and if things don't turn out the way I want them to, we'll just pretend I never mentioned it, K?).

I have grand plans for that pie crust today. I haven't made a banana cream pie in years...no, probably decades. But today I'm making a banana cream pie with real meringue on top. I haven't made meringue in years...no, probably decades. I think it is time. 'Specially 'cuz I have a hankerin' for some banana cream pie. But even more special....my aunt is arriving from NC this afternoon and I think banana cream pie will top off our turkey dinner just right (and if things don't turn out the way I want them to, we'll just pretend I never mentioned it, K?).

My lovely sister-in-law and my adorable niece Emilee are coming next week for an overnighter as well. I foresee cookie decorating and Easter egg dying in our future. And probably a visit to the park. Have a great weekend everyone!
the crocuses were a bit afraid to open up yesterday...which is good...
hail would not be their friend

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a great way to spend a rainy day.

I bought some tulip, hyacinth, and daffodil bulbs today ... all up and ready to bloom soon. I hope the deer will leave them alone.

Happy weekend!

cheri said...

The deer won't bother the daffodils, but I'm not so sure about the tulips and hyacinths. Speaking from past experience here....