Wednesday, March 10, 2010

welcoming



The first crocus. The knowledge that spring is indeed coming. What a wonderful sight! Welcome, spring!

Mom, Dad and I attended a visitation last night. She was a friend from Mom and Dad's church and her name suited her perfectly.

Joy.

I did not know her well, but she always had a smile. She always made one feel welcome. Even when we visited her in the nursing home and she could not speak because of her tracheotomy tube, she smiled and greeted us with such a warm welcome.

We talked about this yesterday in Bible study (we were a little off topic...). The importance of making people feel welcome. I often forget to set people at ease and let them know how glad I am to see them.

Becoming more welcoming is on my mind.

Crocuses welcome spring. 'Hooray, spring is here!'
Joy would welcome her visitors. 'I'm so glad to see you!'
And Joy was welcomed into heaven with a 'well done, good and faithful servant.'
In the spirit of welcoming, thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I am truly grateful for the time you take to read my ramblings.

4 comments:

Chasing The Northern Dream said...

Cheri-

I sure am jealous of your crocus blooms--how beautiful!

I just blogged about "signs of spring" here in Michigan.

www.chasingthenortherndream.com

Robins are out and about, and I can't wait to see my crocus and daffodils emerge! God is good!

-Sarah (GermanInfanta)

cheri said...

Sarah, welcome back to blog land! I like the new name and I'm looking forward to catching up with what is going on in your world.

I've updated your link on my sidebar.

woodsmen's daughter said...

Cheri, Hi and greetings from Phelps WI where I am so happy to be. Thankful to God's faithfulness and His generosity. Wanted to let you know that we are attending St Germain EFC probably most of the time while we are here. It has been wonderful to see the maturity of Daniel and his grown confidence and that he is feeling comfortable in his position there. A growth from last summer! God is at work.

woodsmen's daughter said...

Well I think I messed up on this first message. Greetings from Phelps where we are nestled until later this fall and very happy to be here. Grateful to God for His faithfulness and generosity. Wanted to let you know that we are probably going to St Germain EFC most of the time while here. Daniel has grown so much in the last year--more comfortable and confident and mature in his position there. Really great to see this work that God is doing in him.