Friday, May 21, 2010

brouhaha


There is a little tension in our neighborhood. It doesn't involve us, but we have been made aware of it (I believe this is called gossip).

Not wanting to be involved in this has reminded me to meditate on these verses:

Proverbs 26:17:

"Like one who seizes a dog by the ears is a passer-by who meddles in a quarrel not his own."

and

I Thessalonians 4: 11-12

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.


Wisdom from the Word. I especially appreciate the admonishment to work with your hands. The garden needs weeding (always).

Weeding will keep my hands busy.

Kneeling while weeding will put me in a perfect position to pray.

No comments: