Friday, June 25, 2010

nappers

Sadie is asleep in my arms, breathing softly - occasionally doing that rapid breathing that newborns do. Sometimes she smiles in her sleep, showing off a dimple (I always wanted dimples - my second cousin had one, but I don't recall anyone else in the family having one).

She is so cute and sweet - a very contented baby who slept for a five hour stretch from 3:30 -8:30 a.m. For some reason her big brother woke up at 4:45, wanting grandma to play. So we did. Quietly. Then we snuck (sneaked - I never know) out of the house and went for a long walk. We saw bunnies and trucks!

The dog has her chin on my leg - sleeping too. Kristi and Josh are both napping. Jon is at an appointment.

It has been such a wonderful week. Alas, tomorrow, I leave. It will be hard- but then, there is no place like home.

(I have lots of pictures to share, but I am no good at navigating Jon's laptop - hopefully he can help me post some soon.)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh! I can't believe you have to leave already. No fair!!