Monday, June 14, 2010

this weekend, I...



  • enjoyed time with family
  • Mom, Lori and I went to the Amish market and loaded up on fresh goodies
  • we then stopped at a really cool fair trade store
  • ate lots of the fresh goodies
  • made a huge pasta salad
  • ate the first local corn on the cob of the season - delish
  • went to our 'hairapist' Harriet for our hair cuts (Mom, Lori, Richard and I)
  • altered a skirt for my petite sis
  • had a blast when Emilee, Ethan, Derek and Roger arrived for lunch (steaks on the grill...yummy- entertainment by Emilee)
  • enjoyed watching my niece and nephews interact
  • watched the USA tie Great Britain (someone who shall remain nameless was hollerin' at the tv ~smile~)
  • did some heavy duty 'porch-sittin' and reminiscing
  • endured 90 * heat
  • Pat and I did something we never do - skipped church and took a breakfast picnic to the state park and sat by the lake in the shade and enjoyed a coolish breeze - I do not recommend skipping church, but I do recommend a breakfast picnic by the lake - especially in the midst of a string of ninety degree days
It was a very busy, but fun weekend. What did you do? Join the crowd at Becky's and tell us what you were up to this weekend!

6 comments:

Becky said...

We have been so hot here too. I am hoping that it is not a taste of the summer to come.

Your lilies are gorgeous. And a breakfast picnic .. I never would have thought of that. How relaxing. I guess in the midst of this heat early morning is the ONLY time to enjoy a picnic.

Thanks for playing along. I hope you have a great week.

Karen said...

I wish we had an Amish market in our area. I've visited them in other states and they are just the best.

How fun that you have a "hairapist!" (I'm assuming that's your hairdresser/therapist?)

The breakfast picnic sounds delightful.

Have a good week!

Ike said...

Linda said: The lake breakfast sounds nice. Took binoculars to Silver Beach to spot the 2 loon babies yesterday. My back is slowing me down this week; "my" loon babies cheer me up. I teach 16 students tomorrow and Wednesday. Relatives arrive tomorrow with Uhauls. Leaving soon on your trip?

Lady Farmer said...

Wow! What a fantastic list! You were a very busy gal! And the breakfast picnic does sound lovely!
You've set my mind to thinking (it doesn't do much of that anymore!) I think I will plan a breakfast picnic for the Gentleman Farmer and I very soon!
Blessings!

cheri said...

I think breakfast picnics will be a new tradition here, Becky!

Karen, we love our Amish market. It is a half hour drive - but worth it. And busy too! Word is out.

And yes, you got the hairapist idea right - Harriet is great; she listens to our problems and does our hair!

Loon babies! I miss the sound of loons. Hope your back heals up soon - although maybe it will get you out of unloading Uhauls!

Yep, leaving Friday!

It was busy around here, Lady Farmer...and too quiet now. Enjoy your breakfast picnic!

Robin said...

A breakfast picnic sounds delightful!
And I love the term "haripist" - that's perfect!