Thursday, June 03, 2010

two weeks

Two weeks from today I will leave on my trip to go meet my new granddaughter. Am I excited? YES!

Kristi is scheduled for a C-section on June 21, so the date of the baby's birth is not in question (unless she goes into labor early - WHAT IF SHE GOES INTO LABOR EARLY????).

Mothers in waiting are told to have a bag packed so that they are ready to go to the hospital when labor begins. Good advice for grandmas to be too.

And of course at the last minute here, I've decided that I need to make a softie for Josh and something for our new baby girl. Any ideas?

I'll get started on that after we work at the food pantry this morning. It is supposed to be in the mid 80's again today, so an afternoon of sewing in air-conditioned comfort sounds good.

BTW, we had a good time spending Pat's gift card yesterday at Bass Pro. He is all set. Look out Tennessee trout!

1 comment:

Betty Anne said...

You mentioned making a softie -- have you thought of a sock bunny -- they are easy and fun -- sometimes it is hard to make only one -- afterall there are 2 socks in a pair : ) Blessings