Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm so glad we've had this time together.


Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life,
to mind your own business
and to work with your hands,
just as we told you,
I Thessalonians 4:11

Based on this verse, some other thoughts I've been having and that still small voice of the Holy Spirit, I've decided to stop blogging. At least for the time being.

I've thoroughly enjoyed blogging (over 1,900 posts these past 6 years!). Sharing my faith, my family, my life with those of you who stop in here to read.

Let's keep in touch though. Most of you I can still communicate with through facebook or email. Or snail mail - we could do our part to keep the post office in business!

I may return to blogging someday - if I do, I'll let y'all know through whatever means I have for keeping in touch. Leave a comment or send me an email if you'd like to keep in touch.

Thanks so much for listening to my ramblings lo these many years. Y'all are the best!

~~~~~~
I'd like to leave you with these Wonderful Words:

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:36-39

9 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Oh, Cheri!
I will miss you so! You are one of the very first blogs I ever read. And do you know what first attracted me to your blog? That you had a "I can't believe I have a catagory for worms"! I was looking into vermiculture (which I still haven't done!). And I just loved hearing about your family adventures and about the Northwoods! I do want to visit there someday!
I do hope we can keep in contact ~ though I am a very poor letter writer ~ snail or electronic! But I know that with a newly retired hubby, your days will be filled to overflowing! Do enjoy your time together and drop in and say hello every now and then at my blog!
Blessings, friend! May God be with you each and every day 'til we meet face to face at His feet!
Raeann ~ The Lady Farmer!

Becky said...

The moment I saw the title to this post I got all worried. I am so sorry for me that you made this decision. But I completely and totally understand. We're still connected though. So I won't miss a thing.

Blessings!!

Ike said...

So sad, but understand. Will dig up your email. Linda

Lora said...

You know, Carol Burnett left us with those very same words after bringing us so much enjoyment for an hour...left us wistfully wishing it didn't have to end...And then SHE'D BE BACK A WEEK LATER! So...ya gonna be back next week? Maybe do a once a week rambling for us to enjoy? I, for one, hope so. No pressure. :)

momawake said...

Hope to see you around FB.
And I like the Carol Burnett idea!

Chasing The Northern Dream said...

Cheri--

Driving down M-28 last week in the U.P. on my way home from Isle Royale, I saw the trail marker for Camp Nesbit, and thought of you.

Sure hope all is well for you in the southern hills... the northwoods are still as wonderful as ever.

God Bless,
Sarah (German Infanta)

Lady Farmer said...

Was so nice to hear from you today, Cheri! I am glad you left your comments open. How is retired life been? Wonderful, I'm sure. 'We' will be retiring next November or March 2012. Wish you could come back and post on what the 'after' is like! I think I'm going to need a few pointers! ;~P
Be Blessed today!

TNfarmgirl said...

I'll miss keeping up with you and your family but completely understand.

So glad we can still keep in touch.

Much love,
Cheri

Anonymous said...

honda xr 200 r lancia musa prezzi dodge mechanics bmw engine oil lexus louisiana monroe