Wednesday, July 07, 2010

have I mentioned...

how hot it is? Dad said it was 101 yesterday with a heat index of 105. Or was it 106? Or does it matter when it is that high?

We are staying close to home and conserving energy by reading, doing paper work and needle work (me, not Pat).

I make a jar of sun tea most days. One family size tea bag in a quart jar placed out on the front walk. In just a few hours - tea. I also make lemonade (1 C. sugar, 1 C. lemon juice 1 C. water - stir until sugar is dissolved; then add 4 C. more water). And...we have been mixing lemonade and ice tea - half and half - a refreshing drink on these sweltering days.

It was nowhere near this warm on this date 28 years ago. I remember it so well.

The day our second son was born. And now he has children of his own! Unbelievable!


Happy Birthday, Jon!!!!


Our hairapist is recovering from cancer surgery. She spent the weeks prior to her surgery crocheting two baby blankets - one for our Sadie. Isn't she the best? Facing serious surgery - she thought of others.

I've stitched up a few burp cloths to send along.
Another cute picture of my cute parents:
Stay cool everyone!

1 comment:

Becky said...

It was 102 here yesterday as well. We broke a record. Oh, joy! Only one of the reasons I would have been happier in the Northwoods :)

Beautiful blanket for Sadie. And the burp cloths will get lots of use as you well know. I am sure you could have used a pile of them those many years ago for Jon. Only not pink thankyouverymuch.

Have a great day.