- spent lots of time with the folks and the sis
- went to visit our 'hairapist' at the hospital (please pray for Harriet as she recovers from cancer surgery
- made peach cobbler
- ate peach cobbler
- ate peaches (so good)
- crawled into Mom and Dad's crawl space to retrieve Mom's journals - particularly the one chronicling the adoption of my niece Christina (she was in a Romanian orphanage and Mom and Dad were living in Romania - long story...I'll tell you someday)
- cleaned porches and refrigerators
- stood in line at newly opened Dollar General in hopes of being one of the first 50 (motivation - $10 gift card). No gift card for me, but instead $5 off my $20 order, so I was somewhat placated
- took sissy to the airport :(
- sang in choir and felt that familiar lump in my throat as I sang patriotic hymns and considered how blessed we are
I've already done battle with the Japanese beetles this morning....time to tackle the weeds!
Join the weekend fun at Becky's!