Monday, July 12, 2010

this weekend, I


  • porch-sat with Pat and the folks
  • visited with neighbors
  • canned peaches
  • made peach juice which I will can into peach jelly and peach honey today and tomorrow
  • sorted through stuff
  • read
  • stitched
  • played piano
  • porch sat with the folks
  • killed japanese beetles
  • picked tomatoes
  • enjoyed a good discussion in Sunday school
  • sang in the choir
  • snoozed through the first 20 minutes of the World Cup
  • read the paper
  • clipped coupons and made the grocery list
  • porch sat with the folks
  • went to Sonic with the folks when Dad suggested we go enjoy a $.99 cent Sunday
  • who could refuse that?
  • watched the brilliant Hercule Poirot solve The Murder on the Orient Express on PBS' Masterpiece Theatre
  • woke at 2ish to the wonderful sound of thunder and rain
  • lost power for an hour
You? Join the weekend fun at Becky's.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I think that is my favorite list EVER. All that porch sitting in the middle of a hot summer is perfect. I hope you had some sweet peach tea (won't your peach honey be good in iced tea?) at the same time.

And is soccer just plain boring ... or just THAT particular game? I think it is a little of both.

Dawn said...

I came over from Becky's place - love the porch sitting!

Love the thought of the other stuff, but the thought of doing it makes me tired - the canning part!

Love that you still have a choir in your church, too.

Have a good week!

Ike said...

LINDA said: PICKING tomatoes caught my eye. Glad you put the picture up to PROVE it, as our tomatoes are still just the twinkle in someone's eye. We canned 28 pints this morning of Georgia peaches....found out that my brother-in-law is going to be handy to have around at 6 AM when I ask him to come over and peel peaches in the cool of the morning. Watched Peroe too this weekend. Enjoy your parents...mine will be up for a short week from California in a few weeks. Linda

Beth Zimmerman said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!