Saturday, October 16, 2010

back at home....

...trying to catch up on laundry, email, bills, other mail and dust bunnies. I have many stories to tell and even more pictures to share (mostly the grands... :) - surprised?).

We traveled over 2,100 miles (by car - and praise GOD our elderly car gave us no problems whatsoever) in 8 days. 4 + days in the car, 4 glorious days with our family and just a few short hours with friends. I'm so sorry I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to - just not enough hours!

I'll leave you with this picture - which I love on so many levels. Sadie was hardly ever left on her own, but for a brief moment not one of the 8 adults in the house was holding her. She started to fuss a bit and Josh rushed over - 'See crying!' he exclaimed. He comforted her and she grabbed onto him. She is on the blanket I made for her which is on top of the blanket I made for Josh.

How wonderful to be with these precious little ones for a nice long (though not long enough) weekend.

Hope you all have a great weekend!


4 comments:

Becky said...

I am so glad you had a good safe trip to see your loved ones. Do you know I almost got to meet you? I was invited up the same weekend by bb, but we had plans already so I had to pass. Someday we'll do it.

Lady Farmer said...

Beautiful blankets and even more beautiful and precious grandbabies!
;~P
So glad you had a wonderful time!

Lora said...

It was great to see Joshua again...he's grown SO fast...and to meet Sadie for the first time. Beautiful, sweet, precious children...what a blessing!

Cheri said...

I know, Becky! BB told me - that would have been soooo cool!

Thanks, Lady Farmer!

Lora - it was beyond great to see you!