Monday, October 04, 2010

this weekend, I


one man's trash is ....no, it is still trash....:)
  • attended the 411 yard sale
  • resisted everything but some cute sleepers for Sadie
  • thought the 6" Griswold cast iron pan I coveted was too expensive
  • found out when I got home and checked Ebay - it wasn't
  • amazed at the junk some people have
  • thought about all the junk we still have - though we are doing much better in this department
  • prayed with a dozen people at the food pantry
  • continually amazed and inspired by some of these folks who have nothing and yet count their blessings and pray for others
  • wrapped Christmas presents (I know - don't hate me)
  • listened to Pat watch the University of Tennessee game
  • went to a church about 40 minutes away - we visit there once every 3-4 months
  • tuned into the radio on the way home to listen to the church we normally attend
  • tuned into the internet once home to listen to Jon and Kristi's church service
  • taught pre-schoolers songs for the Christmas program
  • gained another piano student
Santas with concave heads anyone?

Want to share in the weekend fun? Check out the links at Becky's.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ah, yes, some enormous piles of trash you saw. Stuff! Since we purged and purged and purged some more I look at stuff so differently.

YOu've been busy. Another piano student, and teaching the little ones Christmas songs. You know what I think of? I remember the years and years when our kids were singing Christmas songs on the way to the mall in the back seat ... in October. Love it!