Monday, October 25, 2010

this weekend, I...


  • had a wonderful time with the folks, my lil sis, nephews, niece and brother
  • Lori, Richard, Mom and I went to the punkin patch
  • Richard is getting really tall!
  • we had an early birthday celebration for lil sis (shhh, there is a significant bday in her future)
  • made a delicious meal (even if I do say so myself) of roasted chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and waldorf salad with chocolate birthday cake for dessert
  • played Set with the nephews (fun!)
  • was entertained by the niece (fun!)
  • made a delicious soup out of the chicken carcass (proclaimed best ever(!) by my hubby)
  • enjoyed perfect weather
  • counted my many blessings
  • taught adult Sunday school with Pat
  • didn't sing in choir because my voice is about two octaves lower than usual
  • listened to a loud thunderstorm during the night last night - so far 1.1" of much needed rain


You? How was your weekend? Check out the fun at Becky's.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Love your header picture. And the one of the berries, too.

Sounds like a fun, family-filled weekend. Will you come cook for me??

Nanato4 said...

We got some much-needed rain, too. ;-)

And that meal sounds DELICIOUS! You've inspired me to roast a chicken this week! ;-)

Becky said...

Great times with family for both of us. What could be better? Well, maybe if your grands and boys and daughters were there.

Nanato4 said...

Cheri, we're closer to St. Louis (about 20-30 minutes from downtown St. Louis), but we go "through" Metropolis on our way south/southeast (to Hilton Head, our favorite vacation destination). We might even pass through your neck of the woods there in Tennessee, too. ;-)

And yes, I'm blessed beyond measure by having our grands about 20 minutes away from us. Although their mama & daddy keep dreaming about moving somewhere else. :-(

FYI: You've got a new follower. ;-)

Cheri said...

Thanks, Karen! Actually the berries are crabapples - makes for a yummy jelly!

Glad you stopped by Nanato4.

So glad you had time with your family too, Becky. And you are right - that would make it better!