Wednesday, October 06, 2010

tickling the ivories


These horses escaped from their pasture, ( six weeks or so ago) which is adjacent to our subdivision. They were grazing right across the street from our house. Lovely lawn ornaments, don't you think?

Last spring, when I was directing the elementary age children's choir, one of the mother's asked if I gave piano lessons. I didn't. But I said I would.

Because of a busy summer, we didn't get around to starting until last month. T. is progressing nicely and a delight to teach.

I ran into another mom at church. 'I hear you teach piano lessons,' says she. Her daughter will start mid-month.

And then...at the grocery store...another. She will start at the end of October.

One more hopes to start after volleyball season is over.

I was shopping at our cute little Christian bookstore here in our itty bitty town. As I was scanning the shelves, I noticed that the proprietor carries - piano books! I thanked her and discussed the fact that I am just starting to give lessons. Another gal was in the store ( I know her since we both volunteer at Branches), overheard the piano lesson conversation, and said she knew of two friends who were looking for a piano teacher.

And...and...at the beauty shop - the gal who cuts our hair knew of some more people and will be giving them my number.

I am so excited and once more grateful (but not surprised) to see how God provides.

2 comments:

Becky said...

"exceedingly more than we can ask or imagine" He comes through every time. Yipee! And you can work from home.

Cheri said...

exactly Becky!