Monday, November 15, 2010

bin busy

seen at a cute little shop in Pigeon Forge last fall

I spent a little time over the weekend downsizing some of our plastic bins. I'm happy to announce that I emptied 4 bins (3 medium size and one little) and then put the contents of one cardboard box into one of the empty bins.

The next two weeks, however, leave no time for bin reorganization.

Company is coming!

It starts tomorrow beginning with my aunt and uncle.

They leave on Thursday - later that day our son Jon flies in from Iowa.

Friday morning we take him to Nashville for a Youth Work's Conference (too short a visit-but we are grateful for what we get!).

Friday evening our son Nathan arrives.

I hope he can stay until Monday.

Monday evening two aunts and a cousin come to town.

Wednesday evening my brother and my two nephews and niece arrive.

Two more cousins arrive on Thursday (I think?) and we will serve Thanksgiving dinner down at Mom and Dad's. I'm chief cook (love that!).

Today, the baking begins. On my agenda (I always set lofty, unattainable goals):
rhubarb muffins done
chocolate chip cookies done
dinner rolls done
bread - for slicing for sandwiches and for cubing and drying for stuffing done
roast a chicken done
roast the pumpkins that have been decorating the front porch for the past 6 weeks (done - 4 C. in freezer - enough for two pies)
roast the pumpkin seeds done
make broth, soup and gravy to freeze cooking in crock pot while I am off to choir practice
cherry cheesecake oops - missing an ingredient - on the to do list for tomorrow!

I need to freshen up the guest room (done) too, because COMPANY"S COMIN'!

Blogging may be sporadic over the next two weeks.

7 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

My! You have 'bin busy' and looks like you are going to be busy for a couple of weeks! Makes me dizzy just reading your guest list! And your baking list is making me tired (and I just got up!).
Enjoy celebrating with family!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you do a lot ahead of time. This will be our first year with relatives and I work Mon, and Tues., so I think Wednesday will be cooking day, as dinner will be at our house...we are splitting the cooking...hopefully we will be splitting the cleaning up too! I did worship with Dan Sunday, along with Lisa. It's so easy and fun to do it with them, as they are both musical. He runs with the younger crowd...but it's good to say hello on Sunday's and Wednesday's. He's doing a great job as youth pastor and worship organizer. We love him, and it seems like Dan and Pastor Josh have the same heart. Have fun cooking! Linda

Anonymous said...

If you decide to make any fudge- feel free to send some home with Jonboy. :)
Kristi

Becky said...

I love this time of year. One word ... FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Went back and looked at your list and it is almost all done! I am cooking my pie pumpkins today! I think you got me in the mood. Have fun with your company. I am having fun with my first adult piano student....she is going to teach me a different knitting stitch next week.....so I teach her....then she teaches me. Our half-hour together has gotten a bit longer than originally planned. Fun! Linda

swansmith said...

Wish I was on the guest list! Have fun and hug everyone for me!

Cheri said...

I have been having fun in the kitchen! Thanks gals, for all your well wishes. And Kristi - I don't think the fudge would make it home do you? Jon wouldn't eat it, but Jose might!

It is fun, fun, fun, Becky!

Suzi, get your britches down here!

Linda - piano for knitting - brilliant!