Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthdays all around

this little guy showed up on our front porch Christmas night
we call him Spot for obvious reasons

Two Christmas surprises this year. For the first time in 9 years, East Tennessee experienced a white Christmas. It did make for hazardous travel and numerous church cancellations, but it sure is pretty!

The second surprise was a cute scrawny little puppy. He visited Mom and Dad's earlier in the day and then took off. Christmas night he showed up on our porch, pacing back and forth. We made a warm bed for him in the garage and gave his some food.

He spent the night last night at Mom and Dad's (they have dog food and he is just skin and bones). I called the authorities to see if anyone had reported him missing. No one had.

The shelter isn't open until tomorrow. I would love to keep him, but I don't think everyone is on board with that. Dad is sure enjoying him!

I posted his description on Craig's List last night. We will see if we can find his owner.

~~~~~

Lori and Richard have come and gone; Roger and Cheryl and the kids have come and gone; Suzi and her family arrived yesterday; my aunt is coming tomorrow.

We have had a great time and will continue to do so the rest of the week.

~~~~~~

Today is birthday day in our family. Happy birthday to my favorite brother Roger, my daughter-in-love Kristi and my niece Christina!

I'll be back at the end of the week, LORD willing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! The puppy is adorable! Linda