Friday, December 17, 2010

Martha and Mary moment #13


"He has brought down rulers from their thrones,

And has exalted those who were humble."

Luke 1: 52


"So that He sets on high those who are lowly,

And those who mourn are lifted to safety.

Job 5:11


In college, I first became acquainted with the idea that the Kingdom of God is an upside down kingdom. The first shall be last, the last first. The Messiah King came as a little baby. The Savior is the Servant.


Mary's life reflects that as well. A humble peasant maid in an obscure village carrying the Son of God in her womb.


This reminds me of the powerful words in the song 'Mary Did You Know':

Mary did you know, this child that you delivered would soon deliver you?


I hope you will take time with me this season to ponder some of the amazing things God has done. He sets on high those who are lowly. He exalts those who are humble.


And would you please pray for my friend J. and me? She is the one who held the Christmas tea last weekend. We are taking two of the gals out to lunch today. Pray that our conversation would be glorifying to the LORD.

~~~~~~~

Two more nativity ideas:



And here is the other. This gal will even email you the images if you leave your email address in her comment section. I received mine in less than 24 hours.
I finished the stockings! Pics tomorrow.

1 comment:

Polly said...

Thanks so much for linking to my Nativity blocks!