Monday, December 20, 2010

Martha and Mary moment # 15

"As He spoke to our fathers,

To Abraham and his offspring forever."

Luke 1:55

from Mary's Magnificat



"And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.

Gen. 17:7



"But God said, No, but Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him."

Gen. 17:19



"The LORD has sworn to David,

A truth from which He will not turn back;

Of the fruit of your body I will set upon your throne."

Psalms 132:11



"What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise.

Gal. 3:17



It is amazing to look into these portions of the Bible and see the marvelous plan that God had to redeem mankind. A plan set in place from before time began. A plan involving a young peasant girl. A plan to redeem you. And me.


This post ends my search through the Magnificat in Luke chapter one for the references to passages scattered throughout both the Old and New Testaments.


As I have pondered these passages I am once again in awe of the intricate mysteries of God's ways.


On this bright moonlit (sleepless) night, I consider what happened in Bethlehem centuries ago and worship - Christ the LORD, the newborn King.



~~~~~~~

Happy Birthday today to Dad! We are celebrating Dad's birthday today by going to the doctor for a routine appointment. Woot! 81 years old and still walks 3 miles or more every day. You are the best, DOD!
~~~~~~~

Here is another cute idea from Lady Farmer's blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are awake again tonight and the sky is right for it, check out the total lunar eclipse -- another opportunity to consider our Creator's work. I'm awake at night all too often; the moon here as it approaches full has been huge and orange. We're getting more snow tonight, so I don't know whether the moon will be visible here tonight.

(Last night I enjoyed the sleep of one whose choir cantata has been accomplished and was a blessing to director, choir and congregation alike.)
kjh

Anonymous said...

Went to hear the Messiah last night, performed by Rhinelander community singers. It was sort of like heaven at the end...I could have listened to their AMENS at the end forever. First time I've ever heard the whole thing. Baking cut-out cookies today. Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday George. Birthday wishes for health and happiness to one of my all time favorite people !!
Hope it's a great one !!

Cheri said...

Glad to hear your cantata went so well, Karen. Wish I could have been in the congregation...or better yet, the choir! It was too cloudy for the eclipse last night, but I enjoyed a great night of sleep!

Linda, so glad you got the hear the Messiah. Truly an inspired work. Enjoy your cookies.

Thanks for you bday wishes for Dad. He's one of my favorite people too!