Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Martha and Mary moment #16

my little Sonshine choir singing 'Jingle, Jingle Happy Bells, JESUS IS BORN!'


There was a Christmas, perhaps you had one too, the perfect combination of gifts and loved ones. We were at my maternal grandmothers and I recall sitting on the floor under her tree. Around my neck were long coveted pop together plastic pearls, draped across my shoulders was a faux mink stole. A little pink plastic cupboard with dishes completed my wonderful fantasy Christmas. I was June Cleaver in miniature. I looked up at the ceiling and marveled at the intricate patterns the twinkling lights made. I was content and happy.

There was a Christmas, perhaps your children had one too, the perfect gifts combined with time slowing and parents who were completely attentive. Each of the older boys had received their dream Lego sets - one a castle, one a spaceship. I spent the day helping Jon build the castle, Pat helped Nathan with the spaceship. We looked around at each other and the beautiful, fresh, fragrant tree. We were content and happy.

There was a Christmas, perhaps you have heard...a young mother gave birth to her first born son. She wrapped Him in swaddling clothes and laid Him in a manger. She looked at her husband; they looked to their Heavenly Father. They were content and happy.

And amazed. This tiny baby embodied the Creator of the Universe. A child, yet also: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

Only through Him can we find contentment and happiness. He is our Greatest Gift, this and any CHRISTmas.

Merry Christmas to each one of you. May you know His joy.
~~~~~~~~~
Here is my last Martha tip for this season.
Hope you enjoyed the projects this month!

I'll be back to blogging sometime next week.

No comments: