Friday, December 10, 2010

Martha and Mary moment #8

our trees in the breakfast nook at night

Continuing on with the discovery of Old Testament passages in Mary's Magnificat, we find that verse 48 of Luke 1:

"for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant."

was foreshadowed here:

"Though the LORD is on high, He looks upon the lowly, but the proud He knows from afar."

Psalm 138:6

How grateful I am that I don't have to be rich or famous or rocket scientist smart or movie star gorgeous to be looked upon by GOD. He knows who I am, He know my inmost thoughts, He made me, He redeemed me, He loves me. Plain, ordinary little old me.

Certainly, something to be celebrated all year long!

~~~~~

Got yarn? Here are lots of suggestions for pom poms over at the long thread. Have fun!

Busy weekend here - I'm kicking into Martha mode, but hopefully not neglecting my Mary side.

Friday:

  • Set tables for the choir Christmas dinner (setting tables with various ladies' Christmas dishes or china)
  • Go early for the dinner, put finishing touches on food
  • Direct the evening entertainment for the dinner (more about this later)
  • Clean up
  • In the afternoon, sew every chance I get and practice piano when I get tired of stitching

Saturday

  • morning meeting
  • afternoon Christmas tea, bringing a devotional and playing some Christmas carols
  • bake brownies for Sunday's lunch for choir kids
  • sew every chance I get and practice piano when I get tired of stitching

Sunday

  • teach Sunday school with Pat
  • bring our angel tree gift to church
  • sing in choir
  • stay after church for children's lunch
  • children's lunch followed by dress rehearsal for children's program
  • sew every chance I get and practice piano when I get tired of stitching
  • return to church at 4:45 for bell choir dress rehearsal
  • 6:00 children's program with the bell choir performing 3 numbers at the end

Praying that none of my little munchkins :

1) pick their nose,

2) lift their dresses over their heads or

3) have a hissy fit.

It looks like a lot, but I am looking forward to every bit of it. .

Enjoy your weekend!

(no blog post tomorrow....)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there to help you with all of your programs! My "program with kids" verse is "My foot stands on a level place; In the congregation I shall bless the Lord." from Ps.26:12. God will provide level-headedness for you and the chance to bless Him, I know! The crab rangoon from yesterday sounds yummy. Linda

Becky said...

Lots to do and enjoy. It all sounds very satisfying and fulfilling. Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about your marathon sewing project. Hope you'll tell us when you can.
kjh

Cheri said...

I wish you could be here too, Linda! That is an interesting verse for your program with the kids. Would love to hear more.

Becky, it was and I did!

Pictures coming, Karen.