Friday, December 03, 2010

Martha and Mary moments #2


"I am the LORD's servant," Mary answered. Luke 1: 38
The angel of the LORD had just given Mary some astounding news. Never mind that being greeted by an angel was amazing enough. Neither before nor since would a young woman hear these words:
"You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High." vs. 31-32
Mary's response? 'I am the LORD's servant.'
No arguing, no bargaining, no lobbying for a better time (for instance - after she was married).
Simple. Not easy, by any means, but simple.
How do I respond when God has placed a task before me? I have a LOT to learn from Mary's example. May God help me to put His plans ahead of my plans. To be willing to serve Him with all my heart. No holding back.
~~~~~~
This 'Martha' idea is cute - especially as a starting point. I don't know that I would have put baby Jesus in a stocking....maybe in a manger? Yes, definitely a manger.

No comments: