Thursday, January 13, 2011

home

I'm home. Wonderful word 'home'.

Home is where your heart is, where your stuff is, where your people are.

I'm so, so blessed to have my heart and my people in a few different places.

  • here, where Pat is and my folks (and my stuff)
  • in the Northwoods where I have so many wonderful friends (big regret of the trip? didn't get to see everyone I wanted to see)
  • where our kids are
  • where my sibs are

But most of all, my final destination is heaven...where my heart will at last be home in the Presence of my King.

In the meantime, though, God allows me little glimpses of heaven and this past weekend was one long (though not long enough) view into the portals of forever fellowship with dear saints.

I'm so thankful for all those who took time and effort to hang out with me this past week. It was beyond wonderful. I feel so blessed.

The speaker, the time with girlfriends, the time in the Word, the food (the food!), prayer time...the only way it could have been better would been if more friends would have been able to come. I was inspired, challenged and comforted.

I'll share little pieces of what I learned and experienced in the days to come.

2 comments:

swansmith said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time. Glad you made it home safely. Sad you weren't able to come see me when you were just a short jaunt away. :'( <3
Suzi

Cheri said...

I'm sad too, Suzi. Wish we were neighbors!