Thursday, January 20, 2011

waiting


taken at the Central Wisconsin Airport as one flight was delayed...
then cancelled and another flight was delayed.....then cancelled
one begins to wonder when they will ever get home
We have had several bone jostling bumps in our family over the past week. The details aren't mine to share, but things are hard and our hearts are heavy. One situation in particular will involve some traveling for us, so my postings will continue to be sporadic for the next little while.
The above picture captures what we feel now. When we look at the circumstances we feel lonely and it would be so easy to give in to despair. But circumstances change. Sometimes they are great...sometimes (now), not so great.
We are not alone, however, and we will not give in to despair.
Meditate with me on these verses, would you? These help me take my eyes off the circumstances and place them on the author and finisher of my faith.
"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of GOD, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
Hebrews 4:14-16
"But He said to me, " My Grace is sufficient for you, for My Power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
I Cor. 12:9
and
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."
Philippians 4:8

5 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

So sorry something has gone wrong. My heart is with you. Isaiah 33:6: And He will be the stability of your times.....I'm prayin'....Linda

Becky said...

You'll be in my prayers Cheri. I'm so sorry for the hard times. God knows.

momawake said...

Praying for you and wishing you God's best.

Nika Hedges-Farley said...

Cheri, sending love and prayers. Nika