Monday, February 21, 2011

If only I'd known...


There were so many things I learned about Eileen these past few weeks since her death. Things I wished I’d known sooner, things I would have discussed with her or done with her.

We have known Eileen for less than two years…meeting her a few months before the kids got married in July of 2009.

Pat did a wonderful job of officiating at Eileen’s service. He received many nice comments- some wondered if he is a pastor (he’s not). Pat was very well-prepared and GOD granted him freedom from back pain and clarity of thought during the message. It was very good.

About 250 people were in attendance; proof of Eileen’s impact on many lives. We learned about her sense of humor, her strength, her love of family.

And although I did not get to know Eileen as well as I wanted to, I see her character and her traits being carried on by my daughter-in-love Michelle. Michelle spoke briefly at her mother’s funeral. She was composed, warm, witty and wise. Her mother would have loved to have heard what she had to say.

I loved to hear what she had to say.

Thank you for your prayers for our family over these last several weeks.

We are so grateful.

3 comments:

Becky said...

What a lovely tribute. I am so glad that Pat did a great job. I am sure Eileen knew he would. That is why she asked. I am glad that you WILL get to know her better someday.

Anonymous said...

Been thinking of you at many, many moments as you traveled and brought comfort.
kjh

Cheri said...

Thank you both, Becky and Karen, for your prayers and words of comfort.