Wednesday, February 02, 2011

in which she brags on her grands

48 hours is not enough time to spend with one's grandchildren.

I was a bad grandma and didn't bring my camera; assuming Uncle Nathan would take pictures and I could upload them on to my blog at his house. See what I get for assuming?

Let me assure however, that they are cute, cute, cute.

Sadie, who is a mama's girl, was just starting to warm up to me when we had to leave. She has such a sweet temperament. She loves to smile and laughs out loud at her brother and her daddy. She crawls quite well now and is content to play with Fisher Price little people for long stretches of time. The combination of two lower teeth and dimples make for a charming and disarming smile.

It will be hard not to spoil that one.

Josh, who is now 2 and 3/4 years old is a bundle of energy. I had forgotten how much energy little boys that age have. Always on the go. Always looking for something to do.

He is a whiz at putting puzzles together - even puzzles geared for ages 3 and above. He can count to ten - except he always leaves out the number 7.

When you tell him he's cute, he says, "No, I Josh."

Kristi bought him a deck of alphabet flash cards. If you spread them and ask him to pick up a certain letter - more often than not- he can do it.

Genius, I tell you.

He calls me gamma. Or maybe gumma. I like that.

He loves to go to church. Please, LORD, may he always feel that way.

My grands? They're the best!

6 comments:

Nanato4 said...

Your grands sound so precious. Isn't being a grandma THE. BEST?! ;-)

Becky said...

I am SO disappointed you didn't have pictures. Maybe they will send you some to post. They grow so fast. You are a deservedly proud gumma. I love it!

Nanato4 said...

I don't know if you are aware, but the last two times I've commented on your blog, I've gotten this error message:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (state 14).

Just an FYI.

Anonymous said...

I think being a gramma someday will be fun! Linda

Lady Farmer said...

Like I always say ~
If I'd a known grandkids were this much fun, I'd a had them first! :~D

And like Nanato4, I always get an *undeliverable* message in my email when leaving a comment here, though I know you do recieve the comment. ? Modern technology!

Cheri said...

Being a grandma is the best!

Sorry, Becky, our time ended up being soooo short. I'll holler at the kids and see what I can do.

Nana...I left a comment on your blog.
Linda, yes, you will enjoy it!
LOL Lady Farmer. And thanks for persevering with commenting!