Friday, April 01, 2011

grateful

photo taken a few years ago when we visited Jimmy Carter's boyhood home


Down here in the south, I have noticed that folks use the word 'proud' a little differently. It doesn't always mean full of pride.


Instead it means happy or glad. "I'm proud to know you."


In that context, I'm proud to tell you that Jon arrived home in the wee hours of the morning after a 28+ hour trek home. Of course, that was nothing compared to the four days it took him to get there, but still.


I wish I could be a fly on the wall of their home this morning when Josh and Sadie wake up to find that daddy is home.


Many thanks to my sister, Suzi, who transported Jon to the airport and back and kept his car whilst he was gone.

~~~~~~

Have a super weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot !