Monday, March 07, 2011

on church part 1

love living in a 'neigh'borhood with horses and cows across the road

I have always loved going to church. Fond childhood memories of Sunday school, children's choir, vacation Bible school form much of who I am today.

Not going to church is not an option for me. Not because I have to go, but because I want to go.

Since moving down here we have attended three different churches. Church #1 had very nice people, good programs, but it didn't feel like 'home'. Church #2 was wonderful but too far away to be involved at any significant level. Church #3. Hmmm. We didn't stay there long, but returned to church #1.

Last fall, my Bible study teacher pulled me aside.

She, too, had gone to church #1, then church #2. But no longer.

'Would Pat and I be interested in becoming involved in a new church plant? There would be a meeting, would we like to come?' she asked.

Yes, we would.

more tomorrow...

2 comments:

Nanato4 said...

I can't wait to read the rest of the story ... and to follow along with you on this. The church of which we have been members for 20+ years no longer feels like "home" ... and the conflict brewing beneath the surface may well be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I'm reluctant to begin a search for a new church home, but I don't know how much longer I can stay where we're at. I pray that your new church experience will be a blessing for you.

Have a marvelous Monday!

Cheri said...

Nanato4, I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Church conflicts are so painful and certainly not God's perfect plan for His people.

I will be praying for you.