Tuesday, May 31, 2011

summer daze

It seems as though we have gone straight from spring to August. We are part way through a string of 90+ degree days. On days like these it is best to get out in the garden early as well as get any canning and baking done in the relative cool of the day.

I've decided to take yet another break from blogging. There are so many things I want to accomplish this summer: canning, gardening, sewing, reading, studying.

I am also working on getting our fledgling children's ministry off and running.

Maybe it is just me, but I sit down in front of the computer to check a thing or two and before I know it a half hour has passed. Or an hour! Gulp.
Life is too short and too precious to spend it looking at a screen (unless of course there are pictures of grandbabies on that screen :).

I may pop in every few weeks if there is something I must share. And if you need to check up on me, any comments left here at any time will show up on my gmail.

I love to blog and I love the interaction, but just need a few months to get some other stuff accomplished.

I'm also deactivating my facebook account for the summer, but will still be checking my gmail every day or so.

Anybody else want to unplug for the summer? Try it, I think you'll like it!

See you in September, LORD willing!



























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks...Your blog helped me pass the time and keep smiling thru some challenging times health-wise this past few months.
Have a great summer.....and thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Daniel was in his glory today....acting in the VBS drama for the day....I think he's found his niche! 95 kids and 20 workers! It's been a great Gold Mining theme! Hope your summer is going well. Linda