Tuesday, September 06, 2011

3 weeks from Thursday


I fly up to Iowa to wrap a brand new little girl into this pink fluffy chenille/flannel blanky.

Scrumptiousness!!


The fabric is whole cloth I bought from Hobby Lobby, so while I did not piece it myself, I did tie it and make the pink and white polka dotted binding myself (instructions for making your own binding found in Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing).


Here is a tutorial for how to make your own bias tape, but I like Amy's way better.

I popped the blanket in the mail today, before the Post Office goes bankrupt and the nation's postal system collapses. :)

In other news (not as exciting as baby news, but happy news none the less): after a bone-dry August, we have been getting rain for two days straight. Over 6 inches so far and very welcome!




2 comments:

Kathy ... better known as Nana said...

That blankie is adorably sweet ... just like the new little girl is, I'm sure.

Send some rain our way. We have only had .6 inch of rain in 10 weeks. :-(

Cheri said...

Hey Kathy, so good to hear from you!

Oh, I hope you get rain soon. It made a difference in our lawn and garden. And our attitude. :)