Friday, September 23, 2011

the new diet

How does one eliminate fat from one's diet?
One eats oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast.  No milk, no added sweetener.
One goes to the grocery store and loads up on fruits and veggies.
Here is a sample lunch plate.  Cucumber and carrot medallions (doesn't that sound fancier?  medallions instead of slices?) and yummy black grapes.  Seriously delicious.  By the way, this is a dessert size plate and I couldn't even eat half of what is on it.
Supper?  Colorful pepper slices, delicious Brussel sprouts (That thunk just heard?  That was my brother passing out in shock that someone he is related to thinks Brussel sprouts are tasty.  That boy could sit at the dinner table for hours after facing down one dreaded Brussel sprout.  ~smile~) and a half a baked potato too heavily seasoned with Mrs. Dash's seasoning.  Won't make that mistake again.  I couldn't eat all of this either.
So far, I don't feel too deprived.  I made a brief foray into the health food store yesterday and picked up some Wasa crispbread (which really would taste like something if I could slather it with cream cheese) and an over-priced package of Fig Newmans.  The Fig Newmans are really good.  Not chocolate, but still good.
Three days into the diet, I've not cheated nor been tempted to cheat.  Still motivated.  In five days I'll be with Jon and Kristi and the kids and in six, LORD willing, I'll be holding that new little granddaughter!

3 comments:

Kathy ... better known as Nana said...

Good for you! I need to get back on track with my eating when we return ... I was already a little over where I wanted to be, and I'm sure I've added to that while on our trip. It may not seem like a lot to many, but when you're short, every pound is like 3-4 on an average sized person - and when you're 60, losing one pound is like losing 3-4 on someone 20+ years younger. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good job, Cheri! You have such a positive attitude. Maybe I should join you for the duration! Linda

Cheri said...

Kathy, I know what you mean about how hard it is to lose weight as we age. Add hypothyroidism to the age factor and it is no picnic!

Hope you can have some success shedding your pound(s)!

Linda - feel free to join me, it really isn't so bad when you make up your mind!