Wednesday, October 12, 2011

fat free food fest finally finishing



I am jumping for joy now that I have come to my last day of fat free eating.

Actually, eating fat free hasn't been so bad.  There are plenty of dietary aids out there to keep folks like me who have a lot of gall(stones) fed without too much hardship.

No fat, no dairy, no meat (I was allowed minuscule portions of broiled chicken).  Tomorrow, my stone laden gallbladder will be removed. (My 81 year old neighbor is having his removed today - must be something in the water...).

Pat has offered to get me a bucket of fried chicken for a post surgery celebration..  I declined, much preferring a piece of fudge or other chocolate (like the birthday cake I had to forgo).

I've lost several pounds and become much more mindful of my food choices. 

Here is my typical menu:
Breakfast: oatmeal with fresh or dried fruit (no milk) or fat free toast with a thin spreading of jam and a banana
Lunch: Wasa crackers with mustard, lettuce, cucumbers, sprout, peppers and relish or vegetable soup
Supper: Plain baked potato or vegetarian chili accompanied by salad and veggies.
Snacks: fat free fig newtons, fat free pretzels, fruit or sliced veggies.
Beverages: tea or water

I  plan to continue eating mindfully (at least until I make fudge for our family Christmas gathering).  Shedding some unnecessary pounds is a good thing - especially since I have hypothyroidism which makes it very difficult to lose weight.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :)

3 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Yay for finally finishing the fat free food fest!
Will be praying for an uneventful surgery.
Wish I had your stick-to-itivness! I don't think I could make it without the fat ~ hence my 'abundant' figure!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hope the surgery goes well. Keep a positive outlook and things always come out great !

Cheri said...

If I can do it, Lady Farmer, anybody can!

Thanks fo the prayers and well wishes!