Friday, October 14, 2011

grateful


4:45 a.m. the alarm went off. My surgery was scheduled for 7:30, but we had to be at the surgery center at 6:30. I had some extra time to sit and read Psalm 139:








"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You
When I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in Your book
before one of them came to be." vs. 13-16












and



"Search me O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
vs. 23-24











Several people asked me if I was nervous. I was not. God gave His peace that passes understanding.


As if those verses were not comforting enough (and they were!), Pat had turned on the radio, set to the Christian station.

This song played, I song which has given me great comfort over the years:


O Love That Will Not Let Me Go







1. O Love that will not let me go,

I rest my weary soul in thee;

I give thee back the life I owe,

That in thine ocean depths its flow

May richer, fuller be.







2. O light that followest all my way,

I yield my flickering torch to thee;

My heart restores its borrowed ray,

That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day

May brighter, fairer be.







3. O Joy that seekest me through pain,

I cannot close my heart to thee;

I trace the rainbow through the rain,

And feel the promise is not vain,

That morn shall tearless be.







4. O Cross that liftest up my head,

I dare not ask to fly from thee;

I lay in dust life’s glory dead,

And from the ground there blossoms red

Life that shall endless be.







(It was a gorgeous arrangement of this old hymn by the Gaither Vocal Band. Loved!)







Then, a song which Pat enjoys (I do to, but I think it is a particular favorite of his):







Oh, Lord, You have been good.


Oh Lord, You have been good
You have been faithful to all generations
Oh Lord, Your steadfast love and tender mercy
have been our salvation


Sufficiently encouraged by the songs, we went to the car. Pat grabbed my hand and prayed for what was to come.

I had my surgery done at a surgery center, not a hospital. This place is very efficient, and they have much less incidence of infection because there aren't any sick people here.


We got there at 6:30 and were home by 11. That includes stopping at the pharmacy for pain pills (which I have not needed Praise the LORD!) and a 45 minute trip each way.


I slept off and on yesterday and still slept great last night. No pain to speak off.  No spicy or greasy foods yet, but I don't think chocolate fits into either of those categories, do you?


I'm so grateful to GOD.


Thanks for your prayers friends!


Please pray for our neighbor Ray. He had gall bladder surgery the day before I did (at a hospital) and is still not home. He should be home today. He is 82.







2 comments:

swansmith said...

So glad things are going well! Take care and don't jump into too much too early. :)We'll pray for Ray--hope his recovery gets better.
I think you could have a little chocolate--it's not greasy or spicy.
Love you!
Suzi

Kathy ... better known as Nana said...

So glad to hear that your surgery went well and that your recovery is going well, too. Just continue to take it easy. {{hug}}