Friday, October 21, 2011

normal?


I continue to be so very grateful for my quick healing from this surgery.  The gals at Bible study were astonished to see how well I was doing.  I was surprised that they were surprised - because they had been praying for me, as had many of you. Thank you!  And thanks to GOD!

 I've been walking my normal three miles now and feel very much back to my old self.  We'll see what my doctor says today on my follow up visit.

The weather has been very changeable this week.  It must be fall.  Nearly perfect over the weekend.  Stormy and windy the past few days and cold this morning.

Time to do some fall baking and cooking.  Muffins, breads, apple crisps, soups, stews - if I get permission from my doc to resume normalish eating habits.

We have been enjoying greens from our garden - romaine, bibb, romaine, arugula, kale.  Tomorrow night we go to a potluck with some friends, so I'm feeling artistic and will probably make a BIG salad along these lines.  Might as well make it pretty in addition to  nourishing and tasty!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kathy ... better known as Nana said...

Glad to hear that your recovery is going so well. I had an easy recovery too. I guess that made up for the difficult recoveries I had after my c-sections (albeit 30 years previously ha!). Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. I am getting lost in your wonderful side-links for needle work...Linda

Cheri said...

Thanks gals.

And yes, Linda, I know - some of my favorite stitchin' sites!