Monday, November 14, 2011

Simple? Yes. Easy? Not necessarily.




Yesterday's sermon was right on the money.

As I have mentioned, Pat and I are trying to discern what to do with our lives at this stage of the game.

Yesterday's sermon was about finding God's purpose for our lives.

Turns out it is simple - obeying God's word.

To obey God's word, one must know it.  To know it, one must read it and study it.

This takes time.  So while it is simple, it is not necessarily easy.

This morning my Bible study (we are studying Colossians in my ladies' Bible study) took me to I Thessalonians 5:16-18:

                                                "Be joyful always.  Pray continually. 
Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

That really boils it down to its essence, doesn't it?

Let me re-state the verses:

Be joyful always. 
Pray continually.
Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

or another way:

Be joyful always.
Pray continually.
Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

See?  Simple.


4 comments:

Kathy ... better known as Nana said...

Yes, so simple ... yes, it's oftentimes difficult ... but it's so simple. Thanks for the reminder on just how simple it is.

Be joyful always.
Pray continually.
Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Amen!

Becky said...

Just did some major catching up with you. Great to read all about it. I do not know how I was away so long, but there you go.

Your sweet, sweet grands. Oh MY goodness I just love seeing someone's grands. Gorgeous and amazing life. And their parents just all glowing and happy and (I'm sure) quite tired these days.

Enjoy your week. Thanksgiving is nearly upon us.

Becky said...

And PURPOSE was/is my Word of the Year this year. It's been quite interesting to see how God has worked it out in my life. I'm deep in prayer over 2012 and what He has in mind.

Cheri said...

Kathy and Becky, I always so appreciate the fact that you take time to read and comment.

Hope you both have a great day!