Tuesday, December 06, 2011

glow


Thunder rumbling in the distance brought sleep to an end early this morning.  The  predicted 100 % 'chance' of rain  is here.

A wonderful, delicious, gloomy day.

The Christmas lights glowing here and there about the house are dispelling the gloom and  propelling me to 'Grandma's Workshop' (aka the dining room) where a few unfinished projects await.

I'm humming "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" and meditating on the words.  Particularly: 'disperse the gloomy clouds of night, and death's dark shadows put to flight.'.

The Christmas tree- evergreen- reminds me of everlasting life in Christ.
The tree lights remind me that He is the Light of the world.

My hands will be busy, while I'm praying that all will come to know Christ, the Light of the world, as their Savior.

1 comment:

Kathy ... better known as Nana said...

I believe that is my favorite Christmas carol. I love it! I join you in that prayer.